It’s been months since I posted about my own treatment, so I’ve decided to post an update. I’ve also updated my treatment regimen. I will outline the updates below:
- I last posted a detailed update in January. In terms of effectiveness, not a lot has changed.
- I still believe that HT has been the most useful treatment, helping reduce most of my symptoms, particularly flares.
- I took a top-up dose of 25 necator americanus earlier this summer. I did not notice any major effects.
- I am considering trying HDC again.
- I began LDN earlier this year. I began at 1 mg/day, moving up to 4mg/day.
- I believe that LDN had a small positive effect on my sleep and perhaps my energy.
- Unfortunately, in July I started having some dizzy spells. I reduced my dosage, but still had some dizzy spells.
- I stopped taking LDN in August. It seems like the dizzy spells have mostly retreated, but I’m giving it a little more time.
- The major changes I’ve made to supplements involve vitamin D.
- There is growing evidence that additional vitamin D supplementation is helpful for those with autoimmune diseases. While I am not ready to attempt the full Coimbra Protocol, I have upped my consumption of vitamin D3 to 15,000 IUs daily.
- To go along with this, I have added vitamin K2 to my daily supplements. Vitamin K is believed to be an important part of reducing vitamin D toxicity.
- I haven’t noticed any changes, good or bad, from the collagen cocktail that Chris posted earlier this spring. I plan to continue using it until my current supply runs out, then re-evaluate.
- I’ve maintained my close-to Perfect Health Diet. Added a small amount of cheese to test, but otherwise still avoiding dairy.
- Been able to bike most days, with a few aches in the morning.
- Sleep has been fairly stable. Only waking up once most nights.
Otherwise, I am maintaining the treatment protocol that I have outlined. Feel free to leave questions in the comments.